On April 26 and 27, more than 14,000 educators from all over the state descended on the state Capitol to let lawmakers know that they "aren't gonna take it anymore."
Here are some photos from the incredible Days of Action:
Here is a list of coverage from the local to the national outlets:
April 26 Coverage:
- Denver Post: Colorado teachers begin two days of protest, chanting “Stand up and fight!” Republished in Longmont Times-Call.
- KUSA: TABOR, Colorado education funding and the teacher protests (for Dummies)
- Fox 31 News: Teachers descend on state Capitol to push for higher pay, more classroom funding
- Chalkbeat Colorado: Thousands of Colorado teachers are rallying at the Capitol for more funding and higher pay. Follow the protest here
- Chalkbeat Colorado: Colorado teachers rallying at the Capitol will need voters’ help to make a big change. Republished in The Colorado Independent.
- The Gazette: Activities resume as scheduled despite class cancellation this Friday
- Loveland Reporter Herald: Thompson teachers on plan to rally: 'It's all about the kids'
- The Greeley Tribune: Greeley, Fort Lupton, Valley teachers will join the education funding rally at the state capitol Friday
- Westword: Doctors Wanted to Write Notes for Teachers Who'll Lose Pay for Protesting
- Colorado Politics: Colorado House begins debate on fix to public employees’ pension
- Chalkbeat Colorado: What you need to know to follow the money debate behind the teacher walkouts. Republished in Denverite, The Pueblo Chieftain
- Colorado Politics: Thousands of teachers rally in Denver for funding
- 5280 Magazine: Why Colorado Teachers Are Walking Out This Week
- Castle Rock News Press: Douglas County teachers join rally at state Capitol. Republished in Highlands Ranch Herald, Lone Tree Voice, Douglas County News Press, Arvada Press
- Colorado Pols: Teachers Besiege Colorado Capitol
- The Daily Sentinel: Colorado teachers rallying at the Capitol will need voters’ help to make a big change
- Glenwood Post Independent: Colorado teachers push for more funding at state Capitol
- Durango Herald: Arizona, Colorado teachers protest for higher pay
- New York Times: Teachers in Arizona and Colorado Walk Out for Funding and Pay Raises.
- The Washington Post: First, it was West Virginia. Then, Kentucky and Oklahoma. Now, Arizona and Colorado teachers prepare to walk out
- CNN: Teachers in Arizona and Colorado are rallying for school funding. Republished in ABC Bakersfield, Erie News Nows, KXLF Montana, KRTV Montana, KBZK Montana, WENY New York, KAKE Kansas.
- Teen Vogue: Arizona and Colorado Teacher Walkouts Sparked Lawmaker Reactions, Student Support
- Education Week: Teacher Strike Momentum Continues: Arizona and Colorado Educators Walking Out
- People's World: Colorado teachers descend on capitol, demand more funds for kids
- Epeak News: Thousands of teachers in Arizona and Colorado walk out to demand education funding
- UPI News: Teachers in Arizona, Colorado walk out for more school money
- WLRH Alabama: Teacher Walkouts: A State By State Guide
- KPVI Idaho: Why Colorado, Arizona teachers are walking off the job
- WMAY (Springfield, IL): More than 1.4 million students miss class as teachers in two states leave school in fight for education funds
- The Bond Buyer: Time running out on Colorado's $5 billion transportation bill
- La Crosse Tribune: Seeing red: Teacher walkouts shut Arizona, Colorado schools
- Following publications republished New York Times story: Teachers in Arizona, Colorado rally for school funding
Click Orlando, Click Detroit, Pittsburgh Post Gazette, WPAB (Puerto Rico), KMJ Radio (Fresno, CA), NBC (Virginia), WJEZ Radio (Illinois), WFMA (Pennsylvania), BipHoo (New York), Courier Observer (New York), The Journal (New York), Post News Report, WRAL (Raleigh, NC), Channel 3 News (Missisippi)
- New York Magazine: Teacher Protests Spread to Colorado As Arizona Strike Begins
- Washington Post: First, it was West Virginia. Then, Kentucky and Oklahoma. Now, Arizona and Colorado teachers prepare to walk out. Republished in The Seattle Times, San Francisco Gate, Standard Examiner, LMT Laredo,
- Political News: ‘‘Our Schools Deserve More!’ Arizona, Colorado teachers stage walkouts. Republished in Anchorage Daily News, USA Weekly, Reuters.
- 590 KID Radio: Widespread teacher protests in Arizona, Colorado prompt massive school closings (Kerrie Dallman and Cary Kennedy in leading article picture)
- ABC Houston: More than 1.4 million students in two states miss class as teachers walk out
April 27 Coverage:
- Denver Post: Colorado teachers rally for a second day at the state Capitol to demand education funding increase
- Denver Post: Responses to teacher walkouts and protests over better pay (five letters). Republished in Burlington Record.
- Fox 31: Thousands descend on downtown Denver for second day of teacher protests
- KUSA: 'Most of my income goes to supplies for my kids:' Teachers explain how their pay impacts students
- CBS 4: Some Lawmakers Question Timing Of Colorado Teacher Protests
- The Denver Channel: 'Fund our schools!' Colorado teachers kick off first of two days of rallies for better funding, pay
- KUNC: Colorado Teachers Demand More Public School Funding At Two-Day Walkout
- KGNU: Teachers Rally at State Capitol
- Denverite: We asked Colorado teachers about their salaries and classroom needs. Here’s what they said
- The Gazette: Live Updates: Colorado teachers rally at the State Capitol
- KOAA: Thousands of Colorado teachers to converge on state capitol
- Westword: Colorado Teacher Protests: Jail Threats, Strike Prospects, Possible Solutions
- Boulder Daily Camera: Boulder County teachers prepare to rally at state Capitol for more funding
- Vail Daily: Colorado teachers push for more funding at state Capitol
- Aurora Sentinel: APS, Cherry Creek schools close Friday as teachers join second day of protests at Colorado Capitol
- Washington Post: More teachers walk out
- Following publications republished AP story: The Latest: Colorado teachers march to Capitol for 2nd day
San Antonio News Express, Las Vegas Review Journal, Bristol Herald Courier (Virginia), Quad City Times, Arizona Daily Sun, Daily News Record (Virginia), Tucson.com, The Middletown Press (Connecticut), Casper Star Tribune, Lompoc Record, Tulsa World, Lacrosse Tribune, Globe Gazette (Iowa), The Messenger (Kentucky), Independent Record (Montana), Sioux City News.
- Travel Wire News: Teachers in Arizona and Colorado protest for school funding
- Share Blue Media (Washington DC): Teacher strikes spreads to fifth state despite GOP threat of jail time
KELO (Sioux Falls, SD) Colorado, Arizona teachers rally for second day over pay, funding