The Colorado Education Association (CEA) Ambassador Fellowship enables outstanding educators (teachers and support professionals) to expand their knowledge and ability to influence educational policy and professional practice. Our CEA fellows will be at the forefront of modeling excellence in education at the local, state and national level. Through the fellowship, we will amplify educator voice with quality learning, working conditions and civic engagement on issues that influence public education.
What Fellows can expect:
The fellowship will give participants the opportunity to be coached by a mentor and to collaborate with CEA leaders and staff to elevate their leadership in educational policy and professional practice. Each fellow will also customize a leadership Capstone throughout their term.
Completed applications must be received at CEA Headquarters by June 1, 2018. Interviews will be on June 19th - 20th (face-to-face or via online video). Applicants will be notified by June 25, 2018. The fellowship is open to and will be accessible to all interested applicants from across the state. Geographic location will not prohibit full participation in the fellowship.
Fellows must be committed to attend all face-to-face and online meetings. A $2,000 stipend for approximately 100 hours over the fellowship term is provided upon completion of the term.
- A Jump-Start retreat on September 21st – 22nd
- A Winter retreat on January 11th – 12th
- A 2-hour online meeting in October, November, March and May with dates and times TBD.
- A Lobby Day in February/March TBD
- To spend approximately 8 hours a month to move their Capstone forward with support from their mentors.
- To attend the CEA Delegate Assembly
- To present their Capstone and or session at CEA’s Summer Leadership Conference in June
** Various optional opportunities occur throughout the fellowship to utilize educator voice**
Application – Click HERE!
Please contact Cassie Harrelson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.